Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Fifth Store and a Walk

ON RUNNING
I had planned to go on my next barefoot run tomorrow when the temperature is predicted to be in the high 40's ºF.  Then I was reminded we have a luncheon that day at work.  I could skip the luncheon, but these are rare occurrences and it might not be wise to do so.  Looking ahead to the temperatures on Thursday, they predict it to be right at freezing.  I'm not sure I should try temperatures that low yet.  But on the other hand the higher temperature for tomorrow comes with wet weather. 

A WALK
Since today the temperature was  above freezing by just a few degrees, I figured if I can walk barefoot in today, I could probably run barefoot on Thursday.  So at lunch today I took a walk along the basic path I would run.  The sidewalks are concrete for the first part and then switch to pavement.  The asphalt was a lot warmer than the concrete, but was not too bad, so maybe I can do it.  I'll dress warm and bring my shoes in my pack, so they will be available if needed.

FIFTH STORE
Went into my 5th store today, a Rite-Aid drug store.  No one seem to notice, but I am so self-conscious.  I'll be glad when I am less self-aware and can relax more when shopping.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the whole shoeless experience, I'm just being stretched a bit when it comes to being out in public.   Especially since the temperatures are still pretty cool.  It is one thing to be crazy and walk around barefoot in the summer, another thing to be barefoot when the temperatures are just above freezing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment