Friday, March 4, 2016

Body Weight Exercises Barefoot

EXERCISE PROGRAM
Imagine my surprise to find an exercise program that recommends doing everything barefoot or as close to barefoot as possible.  This is what I found last November when I started a new exercise program from gymnasticbodies.  While it may be designed for gymnasts, it works with anyone attempting to get into better shape.    Everyone's starting point and advancement speed will be different.  Not like your cookie cutter once size fits all plans that are promoted these days.  The plans where you have trouble keeping with the program and end up dropping out after a short period of time. 

This plan not only works on your strength, but your flexibility as well.  You advance on a multipoint plan as you achieve mastery in each of the different elements.  I consider myself relatively in shape, but still started off on their lowest level, especially since my flexibility is so bad.  I'm now up to the second step in one of their seven areas in their Foundations series and am on my second step in the Handstand series.  Check out their free-assessment and see where your fitness level is.  I scored between 44% or 50%, since I wasn't sure which box to check on one item.

The initial coarse costs $170 and I spent another $73.50 on some gymnastic rings and straps.  Eventually I'll need other equipment, but the starting price is a good deal since you can do everything at home and don't need a gym membership.  There are also add on segments you can purchase.  I did end up adding on the Stretch Courses, because I'm really stiff.  I might have been able to work something out on my own, but it was just nice having it all put together for me.  The basic foundations course is not something I could have come up with, so that is a definite must buy if your in the market for a exercise routine for us lesser humans.

MY PROGRESS
For the handstand there are a series of progressions you work on before you actually try doing a handstand.  The step I'm on now requires me to just balance on my head and hands.  I did good the first two times so asked my daughter to record me and of course I couldn't do it for the camera.  But here is my attempt at the end of last month.  I'll post my progress every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment