Saturday, March 19, 2016

Another Barefoot Day

Saturday dawned and I planned to have another full barefoot day.  The weather wasn't freezing so I had a good chance of success.  Also, I wasn't planning on going anywhere special, just the local grocery store where I haven't had any issues yet.

First thing I had to do was reattach my dryer vent.  it had fallen away from the wall and I wanted to put some screws in a connection that kept falling apart.  You would think this would be a simple job but it ended up taking several hours to reconnect the pipes and -get a couple of screws through both pipes.  Glad I had self tapping screws.  But while I was doing this project I would hop up onto the nearby washer to access the dryer pipe, it was nice to do it in bare feet.

Ended up going to the grocery store twice.  Once for my grocery run and then my daughter got her Raddish package in.    Raddish provides recipes, cooking items (this time we got a purple rubber coated whisk), shopping lists and a few fun things to do.  She decided to make the salad and the chocolate moose.  So we went shopping for her items.  She had to find and pick everything out and I had the honor of paying for everything.  My daughter isn't a salad eater, but she loved the salad she spent a lot of time and effort making, she even commented on how much work it was.  The foster boy helped cut up some of the stuff, so it was a joint effort.  The chocolate moose tasted great, though it was a little runny.  I told her she will just have to try again.  Later this month we will be making some rock candy and a pasta dish.  If you want to try Radish for your kids, use code h3rwph to save $20.  Visit http://www.raddishkids.com and check them out.

Ran barefoot and managed 1.5 miles and still working on picking up the feet and not pushing off.  I pushed a little too hard if you look at my heart rate (146 average) but my average cadence was 159, with the end of the run dragging down the average.   At one point, for a quarter mile, my cadence was over 164, right where it should be.  So I have to believe that this picking the feet up has improved my cadence and I'll eventually get to where I should be all the time.  The wind chill temperature was 34ºF and my hands got a bit chilled, but my feet were once again fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment