Friday, March 25, 2016

Barefoot Evening

Thursday evenings the kids go to JBQ at our church.  Today I once again walked in with my shoes on, but once there I took them off.  The choir passed through and I ended up with a lot more comments then usual.

One lady said in a friendly manner "Put your shoes back on."
An elder of the church commented "Making yourself at home I see."
I don't recall the third comment, but it was still directed at my unshod feet. 

It is very interesting on how many people comment that you are barefooted.   I suppose it should not be surprising since it is not normal to see barefoot people these days.

Overall I think my plan is going to work, by the time summer comes around and I leave my shoes behind for good everyone will be so use to seeing me barefoot they will hardly give it a second thought that my shoes are not nearby.  At least it will not be a shock to the whole congregation, though during services I will still wear shoes, at least for the time being. 

When I left I just picked up my shoes and walked out the door along with another family.  Nothing was said and it was starting to rain and the temps were just above freezing.

That same evening, while refueling my van at the local gas station, the attendant came out to sweep up a spill that was now under my vehicle, but close to my bare feet.  With the wind chill it had to be below freezing and I could feel the cold ground under my feet.  This person didn't say a word about my lack of footwear and we briefly chatted as she waited for me to finish up and move my vehicle.  I know she had to have seen my feet since they were inches from the spilled substance. 

Overall another good time being barefoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment