Friday, March 18, 2016

Stepping on Glass

If you walk barefoot you hear all the time, what if you step on a piece of glass?  Well today I was wearing my minimalist sneakers without socks and I felt a pebble under my foot inside my shoe.  I was getting ready to cross a busy street and was almost at my destination so I ignored it. It rolled around as I cross the street and I kept feeling it under my foot, just a minor annoyance. Once I got inside the building I took off my shoe and dumped out the offending pebble.  Except it wasn't a pebble, it was actually a piece of glass.  Looking very close it appears to have been from a mirror, since I could see the metallic coating on one side.   Below is a picture of the dangerous item.  No damage was done to my foot.
Glass inside shoe - maybe I should walk barefoot.

4 comments:

  1. Obvoiusly, when you walk shod you pay much less attention to the ground and tend to wander carelessly.
    One day, after finishing an uneventful 10 km run, I put on my shoes. Shortly after I stepped on a piece of dog turd I did not see because, well, I was shod :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, glad you didn't get hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, glad you didn't get hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your concern, I'm glad I didn't cut my foot while shod. They say that most of the glass a barefoot person will encounter on the sidewalks has been tread upon by so many other shod feet that all the sharp edges have been ground off. It would have been hard to cut myself on this piece of glass even though it looks a little pointed.
    I'm sure I'm going to step on something sooner then later, since I never watch where I am walking, I have to keep reminding myself to pay attention.

    ReplyDelete