Sunday, March 6, 2016

Feet Warm - Hands Cold

RUNNING
Today I went for my Sunday run and it was soooo nice.  The pavement felt warm beneath my soles. The only thing I notice was a slight discomfort on my middle toe on the right foot.  I haven't figured out what it was, probably just still getting use to running barefoot.  On the other hand, my hands were noticeably cold, guess I should have worn some light gloves or maybe a hat.    My time is still pretty steady at around 12 minute mile, but heart rate is at running at least at 80% of maximum capacity.  So I probably should start going at a slower pace more often.  Especially since I want to increase my running to 3 times a week.

ALMOST FREEZING TEMPERATURE
I had thought the temperatures for the day were going to be in the 40's, but since my hands felt so cold I look at my Garmin running report and the temperature was 39ºF with 6 mph winds which converts to 35ºF temperature, just a few degrees above freezing and my bare feet was very comfortable. I love that my feet were fine and find it interesting that my hands were the ones having a problem.

STORE & CHURCH
Visited the neighborhood grocery store again with no problems and I'm starting to feeling more relaxed.  Church in the morning I put my shoes on in the van upon arriving and took them off upon returning to the van.  I haven't figure out how to handle this one since I attend church with my mom. My mom was instrumental in starting this church and I want to be respectful, so I'll play this one by ear.  In the evening I go back to the church and work with the boys group.  I wear my shoes into the church but then after the meeting starts I take them off, but have them sitting by my chair.  I think come summer when others start wearing their flip flops I'll leave the shoes at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment