Saturday, March 5, 2016

Mostly Barefoot Day

THE DAY
This morning my daughter and foster child had a JBQ meet at our church.  It was on the cold side and the building has a cold floor, and would be full of people I know; so I put my shoes on. I wore my Tune Footwear, an affordable, true barefoot style shoe.  After a while I removed my shoes and walked around barefoot.  Then they went back on a few times, but eventually I just left them off and put them in my little backpack.  I ate at the luncheon barefoot and nothing was said, until I was leaving.  Then a friend of my mothers caught me sneaking out and asked me where my shoes where.  I told it was nice out and my shoes were in my pack.  I'm sure my mom will hear about it.
Tune Boat Shoe


At the end of the day I had to bring my daughters friend home and I went with my shorts and barefoot. It was close to freezing, but you just don't pay it much attention, just like you ignore the discomfort of shoes.  The friend commented on it and I'm not sure the mom noticed when I dropped her off at the door,

FAMILY VIEWS
While my mom does not agree with my choice of going shoeless, she has so far been good about it.  I don't think she realizes I want to give up shoes completely as possible.  But she is not giving me a hard time, yet.  My sister on the other hand has been supportive and has joked with me that first the shoes then the clothes.  I'll have to remind her that naturalists almost always wear shoes.

FEET FEEL USED
Saturday night after I went to bed I could feel that my feet had some exercise.  They had that nice feeling like when you've done a little bit more of physical work then you are use to.  It was only due to the stillness of the night and my relaxed state that I was able to notice it.  I was a bit surprised considering that I usually walk around the house and yard barefoot and have been using minimalist shoes almost exclusively for the past two years.  A reminder once again that I need to take this slow and easy.

COMING UP
This coming week is looking really warm.  Can't wait.  Next Saturday the temperature is suppose to stay warm and I should have my first day completely barefoot.  We already have a trip to the hardware store to pick up some glue for my daughters dollhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment