Thursday, March 10, 2016

In Shorts Barefoot

AT THE LOCAL SCHOOL
Last night (Wednesday) my daughter had an activity at her school.  Once again I paused and thought, Should I wear my shoes?  After some thought I changed into long pants and stuffed some moccasins in my pocket and went to the school barefoot.  My daughter was great, she took it all in stride and wasn't bothered by it at all.  Not a single person commented on my bare feet.  I even spoke at length to several of the teachers and City Years.  My daughter took a picture of me in the gym, which I'll post once I edit it.

AT TWO BIG STORES
On Thursday, when I arrived home I changed into some shorts and headed out the door barefoot in a lite rain.  I dropped off the two older kids at JBQ, and headed to Hannaford grocery store, barefooted and in shorts.  The store wasn't too busy and I really didn't see any associates on the floor.  After I picked up the ingredients for a boiled dinner, I checked out without any mention of my bare feet. 

After I left Hannaford I realized I should probably buy some cake mix and frosting for a birthday cake for my daughter.  Walmart was close, so I swung into Walmart and picked up a few more things, in my shorts and bare feet.  I even wandered around the store a little.   On the way out I passed by a co-worker of mine, we only exchanged a surprised, quick, hello to each other as I quickly headed to the checkout. This morning I stopped by to say hello to the co-worker and nothing was mentioned of my bare feet.  I don't think she even noticed.

AT CHURCH
After shopping I went into the church barefoot. I waited around until the kids were ready to go home.  Now granted this wasn't the main sanctuary and I wasn't sitting there for long and I didn't really talk to anyone, but I still left my shoes behind.  I keep telling myself small steps.

IN MY HEAD
It was a great barefoot day.  The morning was clear, and it started raining off and on in the afternoon.  I walked the short distance to and from work, and am getting really comfortable being barefoot.  The warmer weather definitely helps, since I'm not so crazy walking barefoot when it is warm.  I really don't think people see your feet are bare when your not wearing shoes.  The mind sees what is suppose to be there, and probably assumes your wearing something.   The best part was I managed to spend one whole evening out and about, in shorts with my bare feet completely exposed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment