Thursday, July 7, 2016

Last Day in New York City

Today we got up early to rush around and do a few more things in NYC.  The first thing we did was take the subway, which is now an easy thing to do, and went back to Time Square.  Here was an exhibit called Star Wars: The Power of the Costume.  My niece is a big Star Wars fan and wanted to see the exhibit.  The exhibit was in a building near the Majestic Theater and contained two other exhibits: The Vikings Exhibition and Body Works (which actually looked a little creepy).  You can find out more at their website  http://www.discoverytsx.com/.  So once again I bought my tickets shoeless and when we got to an employee that was directing traffic I was told I needed to put on shoes.  For my safety I was told.  I wish the consumer hadn't become so dumb.  It is out own fault that the seller is so cautious these days.  You hear all kinds of horror stories about stupid things consumers do and then sue the seller for not warning them of the danger.  What happened to caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).  I put my sandals on and checked my pack (no bags or packs allowed inside the exhibit area).. 

The exhibit was good and everyone enjoyed it.  Being so early there was not that many people and we could really take our time and not feel rushed.  At the end are some mirrors that will take and make you CP30, Darth Vader or a Storm Trooper.  You clinch your fist three times and the image changes between the three, but they do a good job of mirroring you as you fool around.  The kids all had fun with it.  Once back at the baggage check I took my shoes off and put them back inside my pack and headed out.  I think I heard something about a barefoot guy on the security radio, but I just headed straight for the door.

We then took the subway back to Central Park area and visited The Plaza Hotel and swung by the Central Park Zoo, both places have been featured in movies, though one was an animated film.

The drive home was uneventful.  I only had to stop once for gas and used the restroom with no problems.






No comments:

Post a Comment