Saturday, July 16, 2016

Flying Barefoot

Saturday I took American Airlines from Manchester, NH to Springfield, MO on my way to Eagle Rock, Mo to work at the Royal Ranger Camporama.  The camp is situated in the middle of the Mark Twain National Forest, so cell phone reception was spotty at best, so I was unable to do any posting.  Got back the following Saturday and was totally wiped out, so sorry for the delay.

Arrived at the Manchester airport and as usual was not very busy.  I had only a small bag and had printed out my tickets so skipped the ticket counter and headed straight for the security line.  The TSA person asked if I had any shoes and didn't seem to mind that I was walking around barefoot.

While waiting for my plane I decided to get my steps in and to help stretch my legs before I was stuck in the plan for an hour.  One lady was standing outside of her store noticed I was barefoot and inquired if I had shoes. But it was more curiosity than anything else.  When it was time to board I got in line and boarded the plane without any problems.

We landed in Charlotte, NC and I walked around there for a little while and was able to board the plane to MO without any problems as well.  Upon landing in Springfield, MO a friend picked me up and we headed to McDonald's where ate barefoot.

Arriving at the camp I registered and was told that the same room was being used as a dining hall and I needed to wear shoes.  I told her no health code required shoes and she asked if that was true why did McDonald's require shoes.  I told her they don't and I had just eaten at McDonald's.  She was concerned about a possible up coming health inspection so I promised I would wear shoes in the dinning hall.  So for supper that night I had to put on my Zero sandals.

A little disappointed, since I managed to slip through two airports without having to wear shoes.  The roads here are dirt and have flint rocks, so they might pose a challenge from me being 100% barefoot on this volunteer weekend, even if I don't get challenged by some health or security officer.
A line of 15 planes waiting to take off in NC.



No comments:

Post a Comment