Monday, July 18, 2016

Gravel Surface at the Pools

Today is the first day the swimming pools are open and we have only managed to get 3 of the 4 up and running.  The last pool was just filled too late for the water to have been completely filtered, but it should be fine on Tuesday.  Unfortunately this will turn out to be our biggest swimming day since most of the other activities are not open.

The pools are set up on a gravel surface.  There is a concrete pad in the front where the kids enter the pools, but the filters and all around the pools is this small square gravel.  It doesn't hurt to walk on, but it does feel a little bit like sandpaper.  I hope my feet hold up.  After walking a little bit in my new zero sandals I'm not sure they would be much good.  With such a thin base the gravel would constantly be getting stuck under my foot and it would be a hassle to constantly stop to shake it out.  I did bring my VFF, but I grab my older pair that has a hole in the bottom of one.  It is also very hot here in MO and I'm just not thrilled to be wearing VVF.

No comments:

Post a Comment