Friday, July 22, 2016

A Fellow Barefooter - Final Camp Day

Friday was a much easier day.  No rush to get the pools cleaned and we just needed to get them all set for whatever the camp manager had planned next.  By we I mean basically myself.  I did get some volunteers to assist on occasion, but the care of the pools was my sole responsibility.  The head life guard did stick around and help get things tidied up.  He even requested to vacuum a pool.  Seems as though he had a lot of chigger bites and sitting around a pool for a while is a home remedy.  The camp quickly emptied and the soon there was only a fraction of the volunteers so we moved back into the main lodge for lunch. 

As I was seating eating, my supervisor came up to me and inquired about Xero shoes.  I was caught off guard at first and didn't know what he was talking about.  But he explained that his son had given him a gift certificate for some Xero sandals.  I showed him the pair I was wearing and explained I hadn't gotten use to the thing between the toes and would prefer the other sandals, but they cost more.  He told me he went barefoot at home all the time, so while he was not 100% barefoot, he may have been another reason why I was not hassled at this camp. 

We finished getting things cleaned up and I headed back to Springfield, MO.  I would stay at his house for the night and catch my plane first thing in the morning back to Manchester, NH.


No comments:

Post a Comment