Saturday, August 6, 2016

Where My Journey Started

I was surprised after yesterday that my feet just don't feel as sore or bad as they did yesterday.  I definitely was missing the soft comfort of shoes for a while.  But today they feel a lot better and the draw of shoes has lessened.

It poured out late afternoon for about 15 minutes.  Afterwards I saw a lot of people walking around barefoot, though it didn't seem to last long.  On the walk back after the evening concerts the ground felt totally different then it had in the past few days.  While earlier it felt hard and unyielding, after the rain it felt softer.  It felt like the earth had become a sponge and had soaked up much of the rain.

This makes four straight days of being 100% barefoot, a new record for me and I'm proud I've made it thus far.  I will have to continue being barefoot until I return to this location to see how my feet have changed over the course of yet another year.  To think this is one of the places I started my barefoot journey and was first place where I was spotted by a friend while I was out in public barefoot.  It was just a random day I had chosen not to wear my shoes.  I hadn't yet even thought about being barefoot all the time, but had seen several people barefoot and wanted to join them in their freedom.  I didn't realize it at the time, but this one day set me on the path for my decision to be barefoot 100% of the time when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment