Tuesday, August 2, 2016

New Bike Rack



Tomorrow we head out for one last vacation for the summer.  Usually my summers are not so busy.  This every other week business is starting to wear me out.  I also don't usually have this much time off, but I saved one week from last year to use to volunteer at the camp this year.

Tomorrow we head out to camp at SoulFest and I've decided to bring the two foster boys with me.  This will be our fourth year and I just didn't feel right passing the kids off once again when it seems like we just got back.  Staying in NH also meant they could come with us, unlike our vacation out of state to Manhattan.  Last year I just tossed the bikes into the van and my daughter had fun riding back and forth, but this year I would need a bike rack to carry the three bikes, no bike for the 3 year old yet.  So after work I stopped at Cycle Etc., on 450 Second Street in Manchester, NH, and found a really good rack at a discounted price (display model).

 The rack is a Yakima RidgeBack 5 and will hold 5 bikes (will take some work to get 5 totally different bikes on the rack).  The arm folds down when not in use and the whole rack will tilt down so you can still open the back of your vehicle when the rack is attached.  And of course I visited and purchased the rack barefoot and no one blinked.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment