Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Six Stores Barefoot

Today we packed up and headed to Gunstock for SoulFest.  Before we left I had to do a few errands.  We visited Members First Credit Union, Aldi, Radio Shack, Circle K, Dollar Tree, and Walmart.  I'm not feeling as uncomfortable about walking into a store and being confronted.  If they want me to leave I will.

I only brought my Xero Sandals with me.  Since my bike has clip on pedals, which are not at all comfortable barefoot, I grab a spare set of barefoot friendly pedals and my bike tool kit.  Once at the camp I realized my tool kit didn't work on the pedals.  So we went to Walmart to buy a bigger wrench.  I bought a large set of wrenches and sockets since my set is old and missing parts.  Got out to the vehicle and check the wrenches and realized the largest wrench in that set was too small, by just one size.  So back to the store and got another set the next size up.  Good thing is I now have a complete set of wrenches and the second set fit.  I'm sure you can guess what the bad part was.


Back at camp I struggle with figuring out which way to turn the pedal, but finally figure it out and get the pedal off.  When I went to put the replacement pedal on, it was too small.  All that money for tools and I was still without my bike.  Felt like going back to Walmart and getting some pedals, but couldn't bring myself to spend any more money.

Today was a 100% barefoot day and I hope to spend the rest of the week without shoes.  It will be my longest length of time being barefoot yet.  Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment