Sunday, May 15, 2016

Turning Point Saturday

It is beginning to feel more natural to be barefoot.  Sounds kind of silly when it is actually unnatural to wear shoes.  Unfortunately I was also told I had to wear shoes in a third store today.  You really can't change their minds.  They do not believe you should be barefoot in the store.  It doesn't matter if it is legal or not.  This time I was asked to wear shoes next time I visited the Price Rite store in Manchester.  Since it is not a religious believe, nor do I need to go barefoot for medical reasons I believe it is not possible for me to be barefoot 100% of the time.

I have not given up on being barefoot.  Rather I realize that most people do not believe it is something legal I can do.  When I went to the barbershop on Saturday I carried my shoes and put them on before entering.  The couple who run the shop are very nice, but I didn't feel like I wanted to test the waters and cause a stir because I had the right to be barefoot.  The shop feels like it is part of the couples home with games and things for their kids.  At some point when I visit and they are not busy, I may ask if I can enter their shop barefoot but until then I will put shoes on before entering.

My local hardware store seems to be a safe haven still, we visited there again on Saturday and had no problems or even a single comment.  I'm sure they will someday bring it up.  So I'll continue visiting their establishment barefoot. Maybe I'll get some of them soleless sandles and give them a try someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment