Sunday, May 8, 2016

Sad Shoe Day on Saturday

This past week has not been a good week for being barefoot for me.  It has been cold and rainy just about all week long.  I didn't get much barefoot time in at all.

On Thursday, our city has what is called Taco de Mayo in celebration of Cinco de Mayo.  Many of the business in the downtown district will create mini tacos and sell them for $2.  Each business also picks a charity they are sponsoring during that event.  It becomes a contest of sorts on who can raise the most money for their charity.  They have ice cream tacos from Ben & Jerry's, a Rueben taco at the Queens Pub and I even saw a fish taco.  They do have more traditional style tacos as well, like chicken and beef.  It is fun reading all the different style tacos and figuring out which ones you want to try.  I was very disappointed that I did not attend this event barefoot, it was just too cold.  We even went home early due to the cold.

On Saturday we went to the garden center to pick up some vegetable plants for the garden.  Once again it was too cold and wet for me to try shopping barefoot.  We did buy some tomato, broccoli, red peppers, lettuce, flowers and lots of organic fertilizers.  We had planned to do some planting on Saturday as well, but it started to rain again. 

Sunday, I went to Price Rite and was finally able to leave the shoes home.  My daughter even joined me being barefoot.  Then I stayed barefoot as I planted the tomatoes.  So the new week has started off nice and the weather looks to be improving, so I'll be doing more barefooting in the days to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment