Sunday, May 22, 2016

Shoeless Weekend - Day Two Saturday

Saturday rolls around and I roll out of bed and head out the door shoeless once again.  It is much easier this time, I had no worries about being harassed.  I packed up all my stuff and brought it out to my vehicle.  Then spent the morning indoors attending different sessions. 

At noon the convention ended and I was ready to drive the three hours home.  My first stop was the bathrooms.  This definitely made me do some thinking.  I had to go and my shoes were in the vehicle out in the lower parking lot.  I already had been shoeless for around 42 hours and the two day mark was fast approaching.  So with a little hesitation I headed into the men's room and almost walked back out.  Around the urinals the floor looked all wet.  I decided to straddle the wetness and figured that the carpets outside the bathroom would soon wipe my feet clean again.  After I finished my business I got to thinking, sure my feet will be wiped clean on the carpets along with everyone else who cleaned the soles of their shoes off, and they probably stood right in the middle of all the wetness.  So that means I've been walking on some of this stuff all weekend long.

After chatting with some friends I was ready to leave again and realized I probably should visit the restroom again and this time take a seat.  I felt more awkward having my bare feet showing under the stall wall than anything else.  We humans can be real funny in our thinking at times. 

On the way home I stopped at a convenience store to pick up a Mt. Dew and some chips.  Then after a few hours pulled into a McDonald's for some more food.  I opted for the drive through since I didn't want to push things and was looking at making it barefoot for 48 hours.

Overall I was thrilled with the weekend.  Can't wait to repeat and to actually stay barefoot for a longer period of time.  Unfortunately Sundays at home I always wear my shoes to church, so I was barefoot from around 5:00 pm on Thursday till 8:30 am on Sunday.  That makes about 63 hours going without shoes and no ill effects.  A great start to a barefoot lifestyle and a definite boast after being rejected at a third store near my house last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment