Sunday, June 12, 2016

Low Key Weekend

This weekend I stayed at home.  We had  yard sale in the morning where my daughter sold more then I did.  Which is a good thing cause now I know she has money for camp at the end of the month.  Most of the time while the yard sale was out I was working in the garden plucking out the weeds.  I think I got everything planted.  Still need to find something for the peas to climb up, but the garden is looking real good this year.

You would think that since I stayed home I would have had a whole day without wearing shoes. It was not the case.  My mom had finally finished her floor yet again.  The floor had a nice factory finish, but it wasn't shinny enough and she thought it was worn, so she waxes the floor every now and then.  Now that she has waxed the floor I am not allowed in that room barefoot.  She claims bare feet leave marks on the floor and I need to either wear socks or slippers.  At least she has a reason besides a distaste for bare feet.

Next Saturday is my big hike up a 4,000 foot mountain in NH.  I'm going with a group from church and do plan to attempt the whole hike barefoot.  I am sure people will ask me if I plan to hike barefoot and I plan on replying, "That would be crazy, wouldn't it?"  Of course then I'll head up the trail barefoot.  The total miles will be 7.8 with a gain of over 3,000 feet.  Should be very interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment