Sunday, June 26, 2016

Barefoot Saturday & Garden

City Garden - starting at top Peas, Broccoli & herbs, cucumber or squash & red peppers,
bottom is cucumber and corn.
I have sunflowers and mustard plants that I let come up in my garden from last year.  There is also a vine growing in the same plot as the peppers, not sure but it came up by itself, so I let it be. 

This week I recovered from my hike.  It took till Wednesday before my legs felt like doing stairs again.  Just the one bruise on the bottom of my right foot still hurts, I have to probe to find it and it is now feels like a little bump now.   My sleep has improved and I'm hoping to start jogging again next week.  I am actually looking into hiring a running coach to help me with my form.

This week I've brought the kids to Vacation Bible School (VBS) at the church every night.  They had a lot of fun, but we ended up getting home around 9 which makes for a late night.  Saturday morning was the men's breakfast and us guys went and I let my daughter sleep in.  I've been going to church this whole week barefoot and word has spread of my barefooted hike up the mountain thanks to Fred and George.

After breakfast I came back home and mowed the lawn, did a little work in the garden and cleaned up some bad weed growing in the shrubs.  The garden is growing nicely and was done 100% with bare feet.  After lunch I ran over the to Dollar Store and purchased a card (barefoot) then we headed out to a graduation party for a young man in our church who is heading out to join the Marines.  I thought for sure my mom would ask if I was going to wear shoes, but she said nothing.  So I arrived at the party barefoot.  Most of the people were from church and are use to seeing me barefoot now.  Though I don't think most of them know how much I go barefoot.
 One friend commented on the bare feet in my summit picture I posted on facebook, but other than that, nothing was said.  I don't think most people really notice or probably think your shoes are nearby.

So I managed another 100% barefoot day.  Vacation is coming up soon and I'm anxious to see how many days I can manage 100% barefoot on my trip to New York City.


No comments:

Post a Comment