Sunday, June 19, 2016

Follow up on big hike

I figured that Sunday morning would tell the real story on how my feet held up.

The first thing I notice upon standing was my ankles were sore and of course the soles of my feet were sore as well.  My calfs were also a bit tight.  But I didn't have to much trouble walking.  The soreness in the bottoms of my feet felt more like a muscle sore, then it did bruises.  When I probed the bottom of my feet I did find a couple of spots that could only be bruises.  The arches seem to be where the most tenderness was.

As the day progressed my thighs let me know they had a workout that they did not appreciate.  I would hobble up the stairs, but most of the difficulty was in the leg muscles and not the feet, though the feet did contribute a little. While I am not totally surprised my legs were sore, I hadn't hiked a 4,000 foot mountain in a few years.  I was surprised my feet seem to be so doing well.  I have heard from a good source that my feet may swell up, but that still hasn't happened.  I'm thinking perhaps swelling of the feet might be more a result of exercise then it is of being barefoot.  I'll continue keeping an eye on that aspect as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment