Saturday, April 9, 2016

Weekend Update

We had a cold, wet week and I had stomach bug on Tuesday, so my week has not been the best. On Friday I felt good enough and it was warm, though slightly damp outside, so I went running.  Went 1.6 miles. I
t wasn't that great, very slow and almost walked at one point, but got it done.

On Saturday was our boy's group Ranger Derby car race.  We had been working on the race cars for the past several days and finally got them done Friday night.  I headed out the door barefoot and picked up the foster kids mom.  As my usual practice I entered the church with my shoes on and then took them off shortly after arriving.  Not a single person said a word about my shoeless state.  Things are improving.

I got some gas and while pumping my gas barefoot a friend was pumping next to me and we chatted for a while, once again no comment on my bare feet.  My local grocery store still hasn't said anything as we picked up the groceries.

The pasta primavera with left over fish sticks
The best part of the weekend was my daughter worked on her Raddish kids meal.  She made a One-Pot Pasta Primavera.  It had red peppers and broccoli and the kids ate it with only a slight hesitation with the red peppers.  They also perfected the Whipped Chocolate Mousse that was a bit runny the last time they made it.  When they were done, they cleaned up the kitchen and I cleaned out the refrigerator.  Also, while they were cooking I gave the living room a really good clean, so the house is looking a lot better again, but still needs some work.

use code h3rwph to save $20 on a Raddish subscription.  Visit http://www.raddishkids.com and check them out.



No comments:

Post a Comment