Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Longest Barefoot Streak at Day 5

Today we pack up our wet camp and head home.  It is an easy day on the feet as most of it is spent at the campsite packing up or on paved surfaces, no gravel paths today.  I'm pleased with how fast my feet are getting conditioned.

On the way home I stopped at a mom and pop store to pick up a drink and as I walked up to the cashier it seemed as though she noticed my feet and had a slight look of disapproval.  But she said nothing and treated me cordially when I checked out.  She probably figured I would be gone in a minute and I wasn't worth the effort of reminding me that shoes are needed to shop.

After unpacking at home I was very hungry so we walked over to the Bamboo Garden and ordered enough food for a few days.  I didn't want to have to cook again tomorrow.  My mother had also cooked us a boiled dinner, so I'm all set for a few days at least.

Over the past five days I have visited 9 different stores.  We actually went into the store at Gunstock to buy supplies on two separate days.  It was a very successful barefoot outing.  Can't wait till my next one.


No comments:

Post a Comment